Prep + Care
• The proper amount of hair growth is very important as the sugar paste won’t be able to extract hair if it’s too short. It’s ideal to get sugared 2 weeks after your last shave or 1 month after your last sugaring (or waxing) session.
• Don’t take Accutane pills for 6 months prior to sugaring or use topical retinoids (on the area to be sugared) for at least 1 week prior to your session.
• Exfoliate and moisturize regularly, but don’t exfoliate 24 hours prior to your treatment. Arrive to your appointment with clean skin, sans any lotion or oils.
• Don’t consume caffeine or stimulants of any kind prior to sugaring.
• People are most sensitive to pain during their premenstrual and menstrual phases. It’s ideal to plan monthly sugaring for a different time of the month.
• Avoid touching freshly sugared skin with your hands.
• Avoid exposing freshly sugared skin to the sun, hot tubs, pools and/or cosmetic products with fragrance for 48 hours post-treatment as skin is more susceptive to UV rays and bacteria during this time.
• Avoid sweating for 24 hours post-treatment as it can clog hair follicles.
• Medical experts advise waiting 24 hours after a Brazilian treatment to get intimate with a partner. If you’re prone to ingrowns, 48 hours is advised.
• Don’t shave or tweeze between sugaring sessions as it will create different hair growth cycles and prevent future sugaring sessions from leaving skin smooth for the maximum amount of time.
• Wait 48+ hours after sugaring to resume a biweekly exfoliating regimen.
• Resume your moisturizing routine 24 hours after your session. Apply your moisturizer while skin is still damp post-shower to lock in moisture.
• Keep your skin and body hydrated! Drink water and moisturize.
• Shower and exfoliate the day prior to your appointment (rather than immediately before your session).
• Schedule any sugaring or nail appointments prior to tanning sessions.
• Do not apply oil-based products within 24 hours of your session, and do not use products with salicylic acid or retinol for at least 1 week prior.
• Wear (or bring) dark, loose-fitting clothes and slip-on shoes.
• If showering 1–8 hours post-session, don’t use soap, lotions or cosmetics post-rinse. Note: The tan won’t appear fully developed yet, but this is normal! The tan will continue to develop several hours post-shower.
• If showering 8+ hours post-session, soap is okay to use and the fully developed tan will be apparent post-shower!
• Avoid sweating (even light perspiration) until after your initial rinse/shower.
• To prevent water streaks, use your hands to guide the makeup layer off your skin. Let the water run clear for at least 2 minutes before exiting.
• Resume your moisturizing routine 24 hours post-session. Apply moisturizer post-shower while skin is still damp to lock in moisture.
• Avoid spending extended periods of time in water as this will accelerate the rate at which the tan fades.
• Please keep in mind that chlorine, air travel and dry/cold/windy weather often contribute to skin dryness.
• Always use sunscreen as airbrush tans do not provide UV protection.